Monday, July 14, 2008

So the family and I are finally in our new house. It’s very exciting. Hopefully I’ll have some pictures soon. The last month has been one crazy ride; being out of town for two weeks straight, (selling our old house between the two trips), being “homeless”, not having any of our stuff. It was a real pain at times. However, as I look back over it there were some good things that happened. My wife and I actually sat on the sofa and just talked (because we had no TV, and the kids were in the only bedroom trying to go to sleep). That was nice. My kids had a blast playing with some friends they don’t normally get to hang out with much. We ate out A LOT. And if you know anything about me you know that is my all time favorite thing to do. Well, not my all time favorite thing, just my all time favorite thing that I can type on a blog for public view. But most of all it made me appreciate what good friends I have. A friend of mine once told me: “A friend will help you move, a good friend will help you move a dead body” (gotta love Dave Bialik). But I can tell you this: A friend will help you move, a good friend will store all your crap for you and let you live in their basement for three weeks. My wife and I have six such good friends. Friends who were willing to open up their garages, basements, backyards, homes and hearts to me and my family. They did so without hesitation. They did so because they had friends in need. So I want to say publically (or at least publically to the 6 people who read my blog) THANK YOU to the Duckwalls, Parkers and Coffmans. We could not have done the last month without you! Our crap should be out of your house sometime this week. In closing, I would like to dedicate the following to all of you. Enjoy. And try not to cry . . .



Oh, and we stored some stuff at my parents house, but they’re my parents, so they don’t really count. I mean, if you can’t store stuff at your parents house where can you? That’s what parents are for. Besides, they don’t even know what a blog is or how to access one, so they’ll never see this!

1 comment:

Bill said...

I'm happy to say we had a blast having you live with us. I'm glad we had a chance to do that.

btw, I only made it through 14 sec of that song. Just couldn't do it.