Monday, July 21, 2008

Board Monday Afternoon Thought

Why is it one thing can bring a person so down so much? Why is it when a person has so much going for them that one missing piece can make them feel empty and useless? Can a person be truly content? Is it even healthy to do so? I’m content with many things. Most people aren’t content with money and positions, for the most part I am. Do I enjoy money and the things you can get with it? Sure. But do I obsess over it? Not really. I’m pretty happy with my job and the stuff I’ve got. But there are other areas of my life that I’m not content with. But on some level I think that’s not a BAD thing. If I was content with where my spiritual life is I would have no motivation to improve it. If I were content with myself as a father I would have no motivation to improve it. If I were content with my health I would have no motivation to improve it. Get the picture? The problem I have is when I’m not content with a relationship I have with a person. Even if I have the motivation to make things right, but they don’t, can things improve? Or do I just have to be content with the fact that I can’t change the situation? The writer of Hebrews reminds us that God is always there. And if God is there I should be fearless and not worry about what other people can do to me. But what if that other person is someone you need to care? What then? Some people you can’t just write off. Prayer, prayer and more prayer. That’s the only answer I have. Oh well, I’m sure the six people that read my blog are scratching their heads because of the lack of obscure parallels to Kroger or Hardee’s. Sorry, I haven’t been inspired lately. Maybe soon.

1 comment:

jonnymay said...

Sorry you're having difficulties. Thinking of you and wishing the best... Jmay