Thursday, May 15, 2008

Miley's Achy Breaky Pictures

Ok, I realize I’m really behind the times by just now posting about this, but believe it or not I have better things to do. Anyway, what’s up with the whole Miley Cyrus picture thing? Let’s all agree that it was a mistake. The only difference between the mistake Miley made and the mistakes average 15 year old girls make is that millions of people see Miley’s mistake. She says she lives on Christian principles, so that means she’s not allowed to screw up? Here’s a big shocker: 15 year old Christians screw up. I know, that comes as a HUGE surprise to many of you. Tell you what, if you’ve got huge issues with Miley and what she did let me post your next screw up in a national publication with a circulation of 1.1 million.

Ultimately here’s my point. I have two daughter that love Miley Cyrus a.k.a. Hannah Montana. (Now you can argue that I shouldn’t let my daughters watch the show, but that’s a discussion for another time.) Her posing in Vanity Fair made NO impact on my daughters because they don’t read Vanity Fair. They’ve never even seen it. Now does that excuse or make up for what Miley did. No. But I would worry more about the parents that let there kids look at such magazines. I would argue that Vanity Fair is worse then Playboy. Take out the naked pictures in Playboy and all you’re left with is articles about sports and cars. (Or so I’ve been told). Open the pages of Vanity Fair, or GQ or even Seventeen and you see articles like “How to Please Your Man”, “Seven Ways to Use a Popsicle Stick” or “Guy or Girl, The Tough Decision”.

What I don’t understand is how her dad sat there and watched it. That would just gross me out. Of course this is the man that brought you “Achy Breaky Heart”. I think people are just pissed off because they didn’t have the idea to put their 15 year old mediocre singing/acting daughter on the Disney channel to make millions of dollars. I guess I just have more things to get upset about. Like $4.00 gas prices, war, raising my own kids, you know much LESS important things. Maybe one day I’ll get upset at Miley. Until then I guess I’ll have to keep downloading illegal copies of her songs to my MP3 player so my daughters can listen to them in the car. Yes I said illegal! But give me a break, it’s not like I’m letting my kids pose for magazines.

3 comments:

simon said...

I haven't heard the story on Miley Cyrus, but now I am going to look up the news article and see what happened. I can see where you are coming from Kelley, your a good father, not perfect (no man is perfect) but your a good father.

Adam said...

You mean to tell me that there are more important things than Miley Cyrus and American Idol? How dare you sir!!!! And i will mention that your blog is now reashing the length of Andrew's.

Andrew said...

Seven Ways to Use a Popsicle Stick:

By Andrew Marshall

1) use it to find good jokes

2) use it as a tounge depressor

3) re-freeze orange juice onto the end of it...make your on popsicles!

4) use it as a splint when you break your fingers

5) Build a radio with it (if you are The Professor from Gilligans Island)

6) Defuse a bomb with it (if you are Angus MacGyver)

7) Use it to hold up your popsicle.