Thursday, May 15, 2008

Miley's Achy Breaky Pictures Part 2

Some of you may argue that Miley is someone that kids look up to and want to be like (see previous post). Here’s what I say to you. My kids may emulate Hannah Montana from time to time, but they don’t aspire to be her when they grow up. Ask my five year old to describe what she wants to be and shell say: I want to be tall, pretty and have dark hair. Who’s she trying to imitate? Her mom! My son wants to cook dinner and build things. He wants to take after his old man. My youngest daughter would rather help her mom with the laundry then watch Hannah Montana. We also spend A LOT of time with our kids. Wonder why they would rather be like us then Miley Cyrus? Unfortunately I see a lot of my bad habits in my kids too. So instead of being the moral police for Miley maybe I should start with myself. Of course, I’m sure I’m the only parent that screws up. Once I fix myself I’ll join all you perfect people and help criticize Miley.

1 comment:

Adam said...

Personally i think that the critisim should be focused on her parents instead of Miley. Why would any child think that what they are doing is bad or will convey certain images if her parents are sitting in on the photo shoot. Are we not supposed to protect our children anymore? I know what you mean about our kids picking up on our bad habits, and have come to realize this more and more every day when i see my little boy imitate me. Sometimes it melts my heart, and at other times i know i deserve to be kicked in the teeth.