Tuesday, December 11, 2007

So today my family and I are having a Christmas outing. We’re going out to eat and then doing the whole Santa thing. We go to the same mall and see the same Santa every year. It’s really fun. Anyway, today we’re going to eat at a place called The Real Chow Baby. And let me say, this is one of the best places in Atlanta. It’s a stir fry restaurant with a twist. You go through a line and pick out what you want (rice, noodles, veggies, meat, sauces, spices, etc.) and then they cook it right there and bring it to your table. The best part is it’s ALL YOU CAN EAT. For someone like me it’s AWSOME. I love Asian food and I love to eat a lot. It’s a match made in heaven. So being the king of odd comparisons, I thought about our church in relation to an all you can eat buffet. It’s sad, but I get really excited when I’m at a buffet. There are few things in the food world I get as pumped about. I have endless choices, endless plates and if I don’t leave full then it’s my own fault. Having grown up in a traditional church I can truly appreciate what our church does week after week. There are few things in the world that I get pumped up for as much as church. I have endless opportunities of areas to serve, I have endless opportunities to meet new people (5 this past Sunday), and if I leave and haven’t felt the presence of God it’s my own fault. God is alive and working in our church. Over the last two weeks I’ve seen six of our teenagers (and about 20 adults) accept Christ and baptized. I even had the privilege of doing three of them. I can remember growing up and going to church but not being excited about going. Kind of like getting a dry ham sandwich instead of a buffet. I’ll eat the sandwich, but I ain’t gonna brag about it. Our church is my spiritual buffet. Ok, that sounded kind of dumb. But to my fellow buffet eaters you know exactly what I’m talking about. I love to brag about it!

No comments: