Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Anonymous Comments

I want to thank the anonymous commenter to my last blog.  It's always nice to know that someone reads my mindless babblings.  However, you will notice I didn’t post your comment.  I’ve made it my policy to not post anonymous comments.  They’re usually very negative and sometimes nasty and obviously posted by people that have WAY too much time on their hands.  And I’m a positive person and try to avoid negativity if at all possible.  I’m not given to such things as anger and rants.  Give peace a chance is what I say!  Ok, those last three statements are a lie.

Anyway, I started to post the last anonymous comment I got, because it was positive, but thought that to be a double standard.  I mainly don’t post them because I’m the type of person that doesn’t mind expressing my opinion and doesn’t mind people knowing it is me that expressed it.  And, yes, that does sometimes get me in trouble, but I’m a pretty transparent guy.  I understand why some people comment anonymously:

1) They are too scared to put there name

2) It’s my mom and she doesn’t realize she can leave her name

3) It’s my mom and she doesn’t want people to know I’m her offspring

3) They don’t want people to know they wasted their time by reading my blog

4) Their name may in fact be Anonymous

So, to the 4 people that read my blog, keep sending in those comments, anonymously or not, and I’ll read them.  But if you want to share your wisdom with the world (or the other 3 people reading the blog) you gotta leave your name.

 

2 comments:

simon said...

I'm still reading this blog...yepper. WAHOO, first pointless comment of the day for me!

Bill said...

Dear Anonymous,
Thanks for reading Kelley's blog, it makes him feel better. And if you are Kelley's mom. Hi there.