Monday, September 15, 2008

How was your weekend?

I had a really good weekend. Friday night I got to babysit for two of my best friends so they could have a fun night out. That was good. Saturday I had a meeting at church, which was good. Then a wedding, that was fun. And then Saturday night I got to help my good friend Bill set up the portable baptistery at our Madras campus. As I drove home that night I reflected on how awesome it was to have the privilege to do that. To know that the next day someone was going to take the most important step of their life. Sunday morning I got to direct. I have one word to describe that experience: INSANE! But I got to work with a smoken’ hot Assistant Director, Sarah, and my good friend Andrew, and the always crazy Matt Brown. So of course it was fun. (Plus someone brought biscuits and sausage gravy to the green room. Yummmmy). Then Sunday night after group I had a teenager walk up to me and say a phrase that I can never hear too much “Hey Kelley, I want to get baptized.” So to sum it up, I got to:

Help two of my best friends
Hang out with a bunch of people dedicated to God and reaching those who don’t know Him
Watch a friend get married
Help another friend set up a baptistery so a person I don’t know could get baptized
Direct and eat biscuits and gravy at the same time
Have a teenager tell me they want to get baptized

Pretty good weekend if you ask me.

No comments: